Monday, June 11, 2018

EuroBlog 2018: Haute Route Day Two

Day Two of the Haute Route featured brutal ascents up the Mortirolo & Passo Gavia. I pedaled solidly for 72 miles, logging over 10,750 feet of some of the steepest climbing I've ever tackled. But alas my legs and lungs gave up 3km short of the finish. Still, for me this was a personal best record that I'll be in no hurry to surpass.

John, of course, finished the entire route and cycled back to the hotel before my bike and I could be delivered by the Passoni van.

A few photos on the day:
It wasn't all suffering: The weather was perfect and the views were spectacular 


The Mortirolo Pass, relatively low at "only" 1852 meters, is notorious by it's steep pitches averaging +10%

Passo Gavia, at 2621 meters, is the tenth highest paved pass in the Alps.


Here is a video re-living my ride:

Relive 'Morning Ride'




No comments:

Post a Comment